Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Beginning of the End

Today was the first day of my summer thesis class and I'm beginning to see what a packed out, fast paced summer it is going to be. We have about 8 weeks to complete our project and 2 weeks after that for production of documents... what have I got myself into??

I am going to be designing a mixed-use facility with a coffee bar and residences targeting upper-level college students and young professionals. The chosen site is on S. Elm Street in downtown Greensboro, NC in a currently vacant building that is flanked with railroad tracks on either side. 



I have been spending my time leading up to the start of class programming for what will be in this facility and conducting a site analysis that looks closely at the historical and social context, climate, immediate site and the physical building itself. Using the information gathered and ideas formed in these research applications, it is now time to move into the conceptual development part of the project... and so, it begins... 

No comments:

Post a Comment